Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Where were you when...?

There are a number of events that make people ask, "Where were you when...?" I know where I was when Challenger exploded, when 9/11 happened, when Elvis Presley died (yes, I was young, but my Mom was a huge fan, so it trickled down to me!), and when OJ was found "not guilty." And now I will know where I was on January 20, 2009, the day our 43rd president, Barack Obama, was inaugurated. I am staying home today and watching it all on television, or listening to it on the radio.

Just a tidbit. Many people think he will be our 44th president. It is just semantics, but technically, he will be the 43rd person to be president. We have had 43 presidencies, so this will be the 44th presidency, but Grover Cleveland was elected president twice, in nonconsecutive terms. That means that today marks 44 inaugurations, but only 43 different presidents. But I will still refer to him as the 44th president, as that is the majority thought. Just had to share that!

Today is an historical day! This election, no matter the outcome, was going to be history-making. But I feel like there is an electricity in the air that I haven't felt in a long time. I pray that this will be a good thing for our country, our people, and our world.


No comments: