Sunday, December 21, 2008

So proud!

All of my boys are taking piano lessons, and tonight was the Christmas party/recital. It was at the piano teacher's house, fairly informal, lots of party, a little bit of recital. This was the first time for Andrew and Jacob to play in front of anyone but their teacher or our family. They did so well! Didn't seem the least bit nervous! Andrew played Silent Night, and Jacob played We Wish You A Merry Christmas. Jacob was last, and the teacher had everyone sing the second time he played it. 

Matthew played also. This wasn't his first recital, but he hasn't done one in about a year, maybe more, so he was nervous. At least that is what he said. You couldn't tell it by looking at him! He had to play first, and his  piece was It Came Upon the Midnight Clear. He played beautifully!

I sang, also. It was a family affair! All we needed was Gilbert performing, and it would have been the entire family. I sang a lovely piece by Leo Sowerby titled Little Jesus, Sweetly Sleep. It is one of my favorites. I have performed it for the past two or three years at this party. The piano teacher loves it, too. She also asked me to sing a song called Old Toy Trains. I accompanied myself on the autoharp, and sang it mostly for the boys. Roger Miller wrote it, and it is a sweet, sweet song. You should look it up on google or youtube sometime and give it a listen! I hope to make a Christmas cd next year, and maybe I will put it on there. Gotta figure out copyright stuff first.

Anyway, the party was lovely, the food was great, the boys were fabulous, and we all had a wonderful time.


No comments: