Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

I don't know how many read this blog, if anyone does, but I want to wish you all a happy Thanksgiving! I hope you have a wonderful day, full of happiness and togetherness, love and laughter. Make some good memories!

A lot of people do "I'm grateful for..." lists, and I am no exception! My list this year includes the following:

1. My family. I have a wonderful, loving, respectful husband and three smart, happy, healthy boys.

2. The relationship between my husband and my sons. Gilbert is a great role model for the boys. He teaches them to be a 'real' man - loving, kind, compassionate, respectful, decent and kindhearted. He also does the 'guy' things with them - wrestling, roughhousing, building stuff, etc. I love to watch them all interact together.

3. My husband's sobriety. I am so proud of how he has risen to this challenge. It was a difficult road getting here, and there are challenges ahead, but he is very committed to doing this.

4. My house. It is always cluttered, and I feel like I can never get ahead, but it is home. We have a great yard for the boys to play in, and plenty of room for our numerous (!) dogs. I don't plan to ever move, until time to be wheeled away on a gurney.

5. My children's filthy socks. (think about it!)

That is just part of my list. It also includes my extended family, my in-laws, my wonderful friends, music, art, coffee, and lots of other things. I am blessed.

3 comments:

Liz said...

Great list! :)

Nathan said...

ummm I think you forgot to mention someone very important by name!!!.....

Kelley said...

Thanks, Liz! And of course, I am eternally thankful for my brother, Kris. HA HA!!! Just kidding, Nathan. I love you and you are my favorite...but you knew that. :P